This Privacy Statement applies to Autovate Private Limited's ("APL", "we", "us") various services provided by APL that reference this Privacy Statement (each a "Service" and collectively, the "Services").
This Privacy Statement sets out how we collect, use or disclose personal data that you have provided to us through the Services. By visiting and using any Service you are accepting and consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of personal data described in this Privacy Statement.
WHAT DATA WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of data from you:
- business email address;
- business phone number;
- business name;
- user account login credentials such as username, password, and responses to account recovery questions;
- hardware data logs; and
- Internet protocol addresses.
The Services are designed to be used by businesses. Accordingly, most data APL collects will be business contact information. Some data that we collect, such as your user account login credentials, may constitute personal data.
Hardware data logs must be uploaded in the manner prescribed by us, which includes requirements to aggregate and/or anonymize data where appropriate, to minimize the likelihood that the data logs contain personal data. It is your responsibility to ensure that all uploaded data logs comply with our upload requirements, and to remove any personal data that you do not wish to disclose to us.
WHEN WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
We may collect data from you when you:
- Register a user account with any of our Services;
- Access Services using a cookies-enabled browser;
- Upload data to Services, including uploading data logs for analysis and assistance;
- Request services from us, such as subscribing to our mailing lists for email updates;
- Answer voluntary surveys offered to users of our Services;
- Contact us with enquiries, including requests for assistance;
- Purchase access to premium services and features offered through our Services; and
- Disclose data, including personal data, to us in any way, whether through any of the Services, or by email, phone, fax, post, or any other medium.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
APL, and our third-party service providers as the case may be, may use your data, including personal data:
- to facilitate your access to the Services;
- to provide you with the Services, including data analysis, detecting and identifying bugs in your hardware, and troubleshooting;
- to comply with your user account settings or preferences;
- to send you updates via your user account, email, phone, fax, post, or any other medium, and in all cases only where permitted or appropriate;
- to answer your queries, respond to your comments and feedback, or provide you with assistance in any other way;
- to improve the user interface and user experience of our Services, including analysing your responses to voluntary surveys offered to users of our Services;
- to process payments that provide you access to premium services and features offered through our Services; and
- for the maintenance of the Services.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR DATA
In order to provide the Services to you, we may share (including transfer out of Singapore where necessary) your data and/or personal data with the following entities:
- our related entities, including subsidiaries;
- our third-party service providers such as network operators, server and hosting providers, email service providers, and others, who are employed to perform business and administrative functions;
- third-party businesses with whom we collaborate, such as sharing data logs with participating hardware manufacturers so they can improve products; and
- government bodies, public agencies, law enforcement, or other entities as permitted or required by law.
Where any personal data is:
- shared with a third-party, those third parties will be subject to data protection obligations and may only use your personal data to perform the necessary functions, unless permitted or required by law;
- transferred out of Singapore, such transfers will be carried out in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the "PDPA").
A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your Internet browsing software (the browser) by a website that you visit. A web-beacon is a clear picture file used to keep track of your navigation through a single website or a series of websites. Cookies and web-beacons help us remember information about your visit to make your next visit easier and the Services more useful to you.
- To identify the causes of problems arising at web servers and to resolve these problems;
- To customize and provide you with more relevant Services, content and emails, or to assist you with remembering choices or data you have shared with us such as your user account name or payment details; and
- To obtain aggregated data for researching and understanding our user demographics, site design, user journey, visitation statistics, and other information so we can continually improve the Services.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Services may contain links to third-party websites and microsites, whose privacy practices may differ from ours. If you submit data to any of those sites, whether personal data or otherwise, that data shall not be subject to this Privacy Statement.
We encourage you to review the privacy statement of any website you visit. By clicking on or activating such links and leaving the Services, we can no longer exercise control over any data or information which you give to any other entity after leaving the Services. Any access to such other websites or pages is therefore entirely at your own risk.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Your personal data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected, for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws. Please note that this may include where you have withdrawn your consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data.
We take reasonable measures to keep all data collected secure, including personal data. However, we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer for unauthorized access or loss of any data provided to us.
We will notify you in the event of a confirmed data breach. Notification of a data breach may be provided by notice through the Services, or by email to the email address registered to your user account.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may review and correct your user account data, including your personal data or business contact information as the case may be, by signing into your user account and updating the data therein. You should keep your personal data and/or business contact information up to date.
You may also request access to and correction of personal data at privacy(at)autovate.io.
Please note that we only disclose personal data to the individuals to whom the personal data relates, and only after confirming the that the requestor is the appropriate individual.
You may contact our Data Protection Officer ("DPO") at privacy(at)autovate.io to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data.
Please allow ten (10) working days for your request to be processed.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement may be updated from time to time. Where appropriate, you will be notified of the changes by notice through the Services, or by email to the email address registered to your user account. We also recommend revisiting this Privacy Statement from time to time to keep abreast of updates or changes to it.
Any questions on our use of your personal data should be addressed to our DPO, whom you may contact at privacy(at)autovate.io.